
Not to be outdone by Nikki's cookies.... ;) So, here's the story. It's early Sunday evening and I get a phone call about something going on at the church in a couple hours. I am in the midst of dinner preparations, and want to make something afterward to take to the church, so I call my mom to ask her about those rocky road candies that she made at Christmas, because she said those were quick and easy. She told me the recipe, and, not having any sweetened condensed milk, I decided to use evaporated milk with sugar, because that's all it is anyway, right. Well. After pulling them out of the fridge to eat (we so didn't make the church activity, not even close) later that evening, this is what we had. We had to use a spoon to dish it into our bowls (for those of you who don't know, it should have been something like fudge with marshmallows and peanuts, that you cut with a knife and eat with your fingers). We are calling it Rocky Road Goo. It's very tasty, but not really the kind of thing you can take somewhere to share! We had a great time laughing about it tonight, and I'm sure Mom will get a kick out of it too!
No comments:
Post a Comment